Infinite Campus – Founder and CEO: Charlie Kratsch

About Infinite Campus:

“Infinite Campus is focused on delivering an innovative, evolving student information system (SIS) that K12 districts, regions, and states across the United States rely on today and into the future to effectively collect and manage student data.”

About Charlie Kratsch:

Charlie Kratsch is the founder and CEO of this web-based student information system. Starting this company in 1993, Kratsch began his career working for the Minnesota Educational Computing Consortium where he “developed software and configured computer labs for local school districts”. His goal was to become a technology entrepreneur and he was successful, having founded and sold several companies that developed information systems for the healthcare and telecommunications industries.

Infinite Campus came about when Kratsch formed a partnership with his stepfather, a retired school principal. For the past thirteen years, Kratsch has been developing and perfecting Infinite Campus for schools in the United States.

Reflections:

Upon reviewing the information posted on this Infinite Campus website, it is clear that the entire team behind Infinite Campus is experienced and professional.

One thing that really sticks out here, is whether or not an IT or computing background is necessary for any educational technology entrepreneur. While I, a “non-IT” person with a genuine interest in education, have lots of ideas for educational technology, without the IT background, I wonder if I am limited in the scope of entrepreneurial opportunities I can come up with. Often, throughout the MET program, I wonder if I could do more if I had a better understanding of technology. Do you feel the same? Do you think you would have a wider scope of entrepreneurial ideas if you had a better understanding of IT?

Sources:

http://www.infinitecampus.com/home/company/about/company_officers/

http://www.infinitecampus.com/images/PDF_Sales_Sheets/About_Infinite_Campus_Product_Sheet_v3.pdf

Posted in: Week 04: Entrepreneur Bootcamp